One of the most frequent questions that our lawyers are asked is about the costs of divorce in Texas. There is not an easy answer to this question, however, since the cost will often depend upon several factors.
- Are you and your spouse in agreement over matters of your divorce, or are there still issues to be resolved?
- Do you and your spouse have children?
- Are there significant amounts of property and other assets to be divided?
- Do you and/or your spouse have investments, retirement accounts or business assets to be divided?
- Is it necessary to go to trial or could matters be resolved through mediation or other forms of alternative dispute resolution?
The answers to these and other questions can determine the true costs of divorce. By working with an experienced family law attorney, you can make more effective use of your time and money throughout the process. At the Lewisville law firm of Neal Ashmore, we have more than 200 years of combined experience in family law.
Understand the Costs of Divorce
As with most legal issues, the sooner that an agreement can be reached between the parties, the more reasonable the costs will likely be at the end of the process. If there are disagreements and the divorce needs to go to family court, the costs can skyrocket.
How your lawyer conducts business can also have an impact on the costs of divorce. Our law firm does not waste the time of our clients by letting cases sit around or by handling them in an inefficient manner. We know how divorce affects people and have the compassion to support clients while simultaneously protecting their interests.