Attorney Chad Elsey has lived in Denton County, Texas most of his life. He has been married for more than 20 years and has three children. Chad developed a healthy addiction to competition while playing basketball at Baylor University and Southern Methodist University. He lettered and started throughout his college basketball career. Following his athletic career, Chad needed a new outlet for his addiction to competition. That outlet turned out to be the law. As a legal professional, Chad’s top priority is securing the best possible outcome for his clients, which has led to him producing excellent results for his clients year after year.
Attorney Chad Elsey has a long history of success. He was the managing partner of Elsey & Elsey. This position required him to handle a wide range of responsibilities, including handling family law litigation matters. While family law is one of his areas of expertise, Attorney Elsey has focused on a wide array of practice areas throughout his career, such as property division, difficult child custody litigation, and family violence cases. No matter what practice areas his cases involve, Attorney Elsey’s confidence in himself and litigation abilities give his clients a sense of calm and certainty.
Over the course of his career, Attorney Chad Elsey has been awarded virtually every award an attorney can attain for effective trial advocacy. He has more than 2,000 hours in court litigating as lead counsel under his belt. All those hours in the courtroom as lead counsel are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Attorney Elsey’s level of experience. During his time as an attorney, Chad Elsey has honed an extensive list of skills, including:
- Strong litigator
- Excellent communicator with attention to client satisfaction
- Maintains excellent relationships with courts and staff
- Experienced trial lawyer who has managed numerous jury trials and bench trials
- Expertise handling property cases, conservatorship matters, ex-parte pleadings and orders, pleadings, and summary judgments
- Skilled and tested in discovery and depositions
When Chad is not pacing the courtroom, he spends his time with his young children on the ski slopes or at the beach.
- University of Tulsa College of Law, J.D., 2004
- 3.4 GPA
- Academic scholarship recipient
- Founder – Sports Law Society
- Employed with Fraiser & Fraiser, Tulsa, OK
- Baylor University, B.A. Finance, 2001
- Focus on Entrepreneurship, 3.3 GPA
- Full scholarship athlete – basketball
Honors and Awards
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow
- Texas Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2011, 2013-2018
- Texas Super Lawyers, 2021-2022