One of the hardest aspects of divorce is the financial uncertainty that engulfs the spouse while they are going through this process. Often, they may not know where the next income will be coming from or how to pay their bills and buy food. The attorneys at Neal Ashmore will work hard to make sure that their client will not have to worry and that the status quo will be maintained.
This is accomplished through the issuing of temporary orders. Temporary orders help the spouse who sacrificed a career to stay at home and care for the children. Basic needs are met and divorce-related issues are provided with short-term solutions for the following:
- The residence where children will live
- Visitation schedules
- Child support amounts
- Health insurance responsibilities
- The spouse living in the primary residence
- The spouse that moves out
- Vehicle possession and use
- Bill-paying responsibilities, including mortgage, utilities, car payments/insurance, cell phones and credit card bills
- Temporary spousal support
While not representing a final ruling, temporary ownership of property can make a difference if you are interested in keeping it after the divorce.
Your peace of mind is our top priority. At Neal Ashmore, we focus on your best interests and those of your children in securing temporary orders. Both spouses are entitled to the lifestyle they enjoyed while married. That includes the payment and receipt of interim spousal support for a husband or a wife, depending on who is earning more money. It also involves quality time with children during difficult times.