Certified Divorce Financial Planning Expert
When the situation calls for it, Neal Ashmore uses the services of a financial expert with specific training and experience in divorce to provide our clients with valuable information and to reduce overall divorce fees. While the financial expert focuses on the financial issues involved in your divorce, your attorney will have more time to focus on the legal issues at hand.
A financial expert helps make this unique relationship work for clients and attorneys at Neal Ashmore Family Law Group by:
- Advising you on how to financially prepare for a divorce
- Preparing financial information and analysis for you and your attorney
- Focusing in on the specific financial documents that will need to be obtained during the discovery process
- Evaluating opposing counsel’s financial documents and information
- Computing the present value of various benefits, including pensions
- Analyzing settlement offers and providing on-the-spot recommendations during divorce settlement conferences, mediation and/or trial
- Advising on which financial assets are best for you
- Helping prepare for financial independence post-divorce
Most importantly, a financial expert will spend time with you to help you understand the financial consequences of divorce and help you make informed financial decisions throughout the various stages of a divorce. If you feel disadvantaged due to a lack of financial knowledge or experience, a financial planner levels the playing field and can prepare a complete and accurate picture of your family’s financial situation.
A financial expert is valuable in all cases, from high net-worth divorces to divorces involving few assets. To obtain more information on the financial expert that we recommend, click on the following link: www.DivorceFinancialExpert.com.
Many lawyers come in, draft your divorce papers, represent you in the divorce hearings and then disappear. At Neal Ashmore Family Law Group, we understand that your divorce is much more than a case — you are going through a significant change in your life. You may be going from two incomes to one. You may have just signed a qualified domestic relations order (QDRO) that splits your retirement funds. You may have child support obligations or receive child support.
Because of these significant financial changes, our family law attorneys do not close your file once the divorce decree is signed. Together with our divorce financial expert we will help you with post-divorce financial issues with a goal to put you back on your feet.
Our law firm ensures that:
- All of your assets are transferred properly
- All of your financial accounts are in order
- Your QDRO is handled correctly
- Child support or spousal support is paid on time
We also use the services of a divorce financial expert to evaluate your financial situation and help you prepare a budget, invest money and more. Since your life will change after a divorce, we will help point out and guide you through the legal and financial matters that you will now have to handle by yourself to give you the assurance and comfort that you are not alone – even after the divorce.