Investment account assets are a direct result of a lifetime of hard work, sacrifice, and planning. Whether you are the primary “working” spouse or the homemaker of a working spouse, you deserve to retain a fair amount of investment account assets once your divorce is finalized.
At Neal Ashmore, we focus our practice exclusively on family law and the protection of assets. We provide the effective, knowledgeable and aggressive legal help you need regarding the division of investments. Are you concerned about:
- A stock portfolio?
- A 401(k) account, IRA or pension?
- A savings account?
- A mutual fund or annuity?
- Profit sharing?
We use our experience to address key questions like:
- Who contributed to the accounts?
- Did a spouse’s marital contributions contribute to the increased value of investments?
- How much did investment accounts appreciate, and was the appreciation timed with the duration of the marriage?
- Were funds in the accounts commingled with other assets?
- What are the tax ramifications of the investments?
Our attorneys can provide you with the answers to these questions along with protecting your investments during a divorce. Most importantly, we know you are a contributing member of your marriage and you deserve a fair distribution of marital investment accounts.