A death of a loved one is a hard occasion. What can make it even harder is if that loved one’s will and testament results in disputes and litigation. Heirs and beneficiaries may contest a wide range of issues arising from a will, even if that will has been properly drafted.
At Neal Ashmore, our attorneys bring peace of mind to those caught in a will contest. We give people an understanding of their options, including the costs and benefits of litigation.
Wills can be contested for a variety of reasons. The attorneys have handled cases arising from circumstances such as:
- Will cannot be located
- An heir is disinherited or otherwise has disappointed expectations
- The signature on the will is a forgery
- Will was executed and signed by someone without the capacity to do so
- Will was a product of undue influence from someone who benefits to the exclusion of other heirs
- Will was a product of coercion by a person who would benefit from the will
- The language of the will is ambiguous
Our attorneys will gather the appropriate medical records, consult with experts and depose witnesses to argue that a disputed will should be considered valid or invalid. Our firm has the experience and resources to bring or defend these cases effectively.